That's my girl!

Testimony from Phoebe and David.

On Wednesday one of the learners came up for prayer after our meeting. She was crying that her mother had started drinking again, and beat her and threatened her with a knife. She shouted at her that she had had enough of her and told her to leave the house and never to come back. She could hardly walk for a few days due to the blows and has been staying at a friend’s place for a couple of days.
We prayed for Jesus to intervene to bring peace to her mother, reconciliation between them and victory in the relationship.

On Friday our co-worker, David, held assembly at the school and this is what he shared.

“This morning she ran towards me with a beaming smile and asked me if I’d heard what happened, and if I was there to see her. I told her that I had heard about her situation and that I really wanted to know how things were going.

She was really happy, and she explained to me that after school she went to her friend’s house, and was convicted that, after prayer with Phoebe, she should do something about her situation. She decided she would organize to meet with a pastor and a social worker for prayer and then go to her mom’s house and try to reconcile the situation.

      She did this and when they went to her home, they found that her mom was crying. They talked, and her mom explained that she was under a lot of pressure financially and that she might be losing her job, but she said that it was no excuse for what happened and she was really sorry…there were tears and she said to me, with the biggest smile I have seen, it was like she witnessed the light and it was glowing in her eyes, “And then Mom hugged me!”They all prayed together for their financial situation f and Mom said, “Welcome home!”


   She added that that same evening she had a dream. In the dream, there was a man smiling at her and He said: “That’s my girl”. She believed that this was Jesus!"  J

No comments:

Post a Comment