Counselling Testimonies from the Combined School.


As we mentioned before we have opened a counselling room at Diepsloot Combined School. Teachers recognize those in their classes who are distressed or struggling in their lives and studies, then schedule them to come to the counselling team on Monday and Wednesday mornings. 

Phoebe setting up the room ready for counselling.

Reading materials ready to be distributed.
                One of the learners shared that she was facing a lot of bullying, mostly verbal teasing in her classroom. It was getting to the point that the learner was losing her graces and becoming angry. She didn't know what else to do as it was becoming so frequent and she was getting frustrated and hurt at the same. I listened as she gave me the whole story and I wanted to say I will pray and God will change things, but I felt led to share the story of Daniel in the lion’s den. She did not know the story so I started to explain how Daniel had to go into the lion’s den. Only God could stop the lion’s mouths. I shared how God would also stop her tormentors mouths if she looked to God and magnified and trusted Him.

              She just started smiling and said “Wow. That story is so right for me.”  I wrote up the verse, “Be not afraid of them for I am with you to deliver you.”  (Jeremiah 1:8) and gave it to her to take with her and she went happily on her way!

No comments:

Post a Comment